Andrew Shell #
Technical & Core Skills #
Work History #
Johnson Health Tech, Cottage Grove, WI #
Senior Web Engineer, 10/2019 – Present
- Leads initiatives to improve the codebase and roll out new features, effectively managing significant technical debt.
- Successfully spearheaded integration testing for legacy applications using Docker, Chai, and Mocha.
- Develops and documents best practices for git, release planning, and deploying across different environments.
- Supervises and mentor's junior developers, fostering team growth and overseeing data pipeline system management.
- Collaborates with other engineering teams to design resilient, fault-tolerant systems.
Acumium, Madison, WI #
Web Developer, 11/2017 – 10/2018
- Developed and implemented training plans to enhance Git competence and standardized development processes.
- Designed innovative features to meet product user story requirements.
- Utilized Node.js in backend development for high-scale applications, supporting multiple concurrent requests.
- Standardized development processes by introducing Git workflow practices.
Geekity LLC., Madison, WI #
Founder/Digital Developer, 11/2017 – 10/2018
- Founded Geekity LLC with the purpose of invoicing client companies for provided services.
- Established and managed Geekity LLC to efficiently handle the invoicing process.
- Implemented and developed robust test and deployment systems and processes.
- Maintained professional relationships with Stryv and Rockwell Automation/Aquent.
Stryv, Madison, WI #
Lead Full-Stack Developer, 11/2017 – 10-2018
- Designed and implemented full-stack applications, ensuring seamless integration of front-end and back-end components.
- Collaborated closely with stakeholder to gather requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Implemented efficient database structures and optimized queries for improved performance.
- Developed and maintained RESTful APIs, enabling smooth communication between client and server.
- Implemented best practices to ensure code quality, maintainability, and adherence to coding standards.
Rockwell Automation/Aquent, Milwaukee, WI #
Freelance React Developer, 08/2018 - 10/2018
- Developed offline applications using React.js for the frontend.
- Communicated with stakeholders for requirements and feedback.
Pinpoint Software, Madison, WI #
Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, 06/2011 – 01/2018
- Built two software-as-a-service applications, demonstrating technical expertise and entrepreneurial drive.
- Successfully launched a proof of concept six weeks prior to field testing, leading to securing seed financing.
- Collaborated closely with customers and the CEO to design specifications and prioritize feature development.
- Managed servers and development pipelines, ensuring efficient and reliable operations.
- Recruited and managed a team of developers, both in-house and outsourced, and worked with designers.
- Developed applications using Angular/Ionic for the frontend, delivering user-friendly and responsive interfaces.
Herzing College, Madison, WI Bachelor of Science – Technology Management Associate of Science – Computer Systems