For fifteen years I’ve been building a wide variety of web applications. Much of my work has been with PHP, but I’ve also worked extensively with Angular and the Ionic Framework. Most of my recent development has been with React, Redux, Laravel, Ionic 4 and Angular.
I’m incredibly comfortable learning new things quickly and working with ambiguity. I always consider the goals of the business before I work. The best way to be productive is to avoid spending time building the wrong thing.
I’ve spent a lot of time speaking in public as well as teaching groups and individuals. Communication skills are one of my best assets. I enjoy coaching and mentoring others.
CTO & Lead Developer 2017-Present
Stryv, Remote from Madison, WI
- Supported founder with defining scope and design of the product.
- Managed day to day product backlog.
- Spent the majority of my time building a Progressive Web App (PWA) using Ionic 3 & 4 with a backend API built using Laravel.
Co-Founder and CTO 2011-2018
Pinpoint Software, Madison, WI
- Built the MVP of our flagship product Date Check Pro in 6 weeks.
- Continued to plan features with management and customers to quickly iterate.
- Architected and built Taskle, our second SaaS application for task management and store audits.
- Redesigned and reimagined Date Check Pro and helped lead the development of version 2.0
Software Engineer 2009—2011
Brazen Careerist, Madison WI
- Rearchitected method for displaying activity streams in order to improve performance
- Engineered a method for tracking user actions
- Produced weekly live streaming webinars.
Software Engineer 2008—2009
PBwiki, San Mateo CA
- Architected a system logging interface for developers
- Designed a data warehouse reporting dashboard
- Implemented a new web to lead infrastructure for our new pricing and package redesign
- Developed the mobile version of our product.
- Codeveloped our implementation of Zend Search Lucene providing indexed search to our product.
GravityStream Implementation Developer 2007—2008
Netconcepts, Madison WI
- Implemented several natural search optimization builds using a proprietary web proxy technology (GravityStream)
- Developed and maintained several WordPress plugins. SEO Title Tag Plugin and WordPress Quiz Plugin
- Architected and built several internal applications to help with client and link building research
Application Developer 2006—2007
Clarity Technology Group, Madison WI
- Architected and developed a PHP/LDAP/MSSQL based modular intranet framework
- Worked on a team of programmers through project development
- Compiled developer training documentation for the intranet framework
- Trained programmers to develop modules for the intranet framework
Software Engineer 2003—2005
Applied Tech Solutions, Madison, WI
- Architected and developed a PHP/MySQL based content management system
- Developed cross-browser site templates in XHTML 1.0 Strict and CSS from a Photoshop Document (Hand-coded using TextPad)
- Consulted with clients to develop functional project specifications
Honors & Activities
- Zend Certified Engineer (PHP 4 & 5)
- Organizer of the Madison PHP Meetup Group 2004—2008, 2010-2013
- Co-Organizer of the Madison PHP Meetup Group 2013-Present
- Co-Organizer of the Madison PHP Conference 2013-2015
- Jason Robert Waterhouse Award for outstanding academics and peer tutoring
B.S., Herzing College, Madison Wisconsin
Major: Technology Management
Graduated: December 2006
A.S., Herzing College, Madison Wisconsin
Major: Computer Information Systems
Graduated: October 2003