Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Playing with Old School

I seem to be having issues with the site updating. I added a post this morning and I triggered a build but the site didn’t change. I can verify that the osgeekity.json file has changed. #

I tried deleting all the s3 bucket contents, I stopped oldschool and deleted the data folder. I restarted and triggered the build. The site was rebuilt, but without the latest post. #

It’s particularly odd because one of the changes I made was I added copyright to the opml header. I had figured out that was where [%copyright%] populated from. #

Now, I think I have an inkling of an idea of what’s happening. #

The post I wrote last night in the outline was published under an “October 26” heading but has the timestamp of “Tue, 27 Oct 2020 06:33:15 GMT” so it’s technically October 27. #

The post today is under the “October 27” heading with a timestamp of "Tue, 27 Oct 2020 13:28:25 GMT". #

My guess is that oldschool overwrote the real October 27 post with the October 26 post. #

The clue was that the website shows yesterdays post under “Tuesday, October 27, 2020” #

I’m going to try changing the created timestamp to the 26th and see if that fixes things. #

Yes! But I had to change the timestamp on the October 26 heading as well. #

Published by Andrew Shell on and last updated .